Ventoy helps in the creation of bootable USB sticks with less effort and supports the addition of multiple ISO file formats into one bootable disk. That being said, adding ISOs to a disk doesn’t need to be unpacked. Instead, you just have to drag them onto the USB stick then boot from it.
You can add an unlimited number of ISO files, however, the capacity depends on the size of the medium where your ISO files are stored. Ventoy then will give you a boot menu to select them.
Due to its versatility, Ventoy is well known for building multiple operating system install disks onto a single flash drive. Some folks who stick with old operating systems such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 can still use their image files without a problem.
Also, users of non-ISO image files do not have to worry, other image formats are also supported such as WIM (Windows Imaging), IMG, VHD (virtual hard disk), and EFI.
To use Ventoy, you don’t have to install it, just extract the application files to the desired destination.
- Completely open source
- Unrestricted number of ISO image files (650+ ISO files tested)
- Easy to use and light on resources
- Directly boot from ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files, no extraction needed
- Supports Windows OSes and Linux distros
- Fast (limited only by your USB disk’s transfer rate)
- Installable on USB/Local Disk/SSD/NVMe/SD Card
- MBR and GPT partition styles are supported (1.0.15+)
- FAT32/exFAT/NTFS/UDF/XFS/Ext2(3)(4) supported for main partition
- 4GB+ image files supported
- Native boot menu style for Legacy & UEFI
- Very customizable theme and menu
|Date released||March 16, 2020|
|Date updated||March 17, 2020|
|Filesize (MB)||12 MB (Windows) 14MB (Linux), 46MB (Live CD)|
|License model||Free (open-source)|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux distros|
|Social Media Links|
Ventoy Changelog / Version History / Release Notes
What’s new in Ventoy 1.0.38
Released March 16, 2021
- Optimization for VentoyWebDeepin.sh
- Fix a bug for
VTOY_FILE_FLT_XXXoption in control plugin.
- languages.ini update
- New iso support(total 650+)
- openEuler-20.03-LTS-SP1-x86_64-dvd.iso (Legacy + UEFI)
- FreeBSD-13.0-RC2-amd64-disc1.iso (Legacy + UEFI)
- tails-amd64-4.16.img (Legacy + UEFI)