CCleaner is one of the most downloaded optimization and disk cleanup tools for Windows. CCleaner removes unused and temporary files from your system – allowing Windows to run smoothly, more efficiently and releasing valuable space from your hard disk.
For advanced users, CCleaner also comes with a registry scanner that scans for invalid references.
Aside from that, CCleaner also allows you to wipe your browser traces such as internet and download history; cookies and session; saved form information and passwords, and many more. Thus, it can be considered a powerful privacy tool.
Aside from a very effective cleaning capability, here are the additional features worthy of giving attention:
- Run CCleaner on schedule
- Smart Cleaning: cleans the system automatically when certain conditions are met
- Add custom files and folders to empty
- Disable, enable and delete browser plugins
- Duplicate files finder
- Disable, enable and delete startup entries
- Integrated uninstaller
- Wipe free space or entire drive(s)
- Manage system restore
- Reaches 2 billion downloads (build more trusts to users)
|Date released||March 04, 2021|
|Developer||Piriform / Avast|
|Filesize||More than 29MB|
|License model||Free, Commercial (trial) — Business, Professional, & Technician Edition|
|Multilingual||Yes — Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azeri (Latin), Belarusian, Bosnian, Brazilian Portuguese (Portugues do Brasil), Bulgarian, Catalan (Catala), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian (Hrvatski), Czech (Ceský), Danish, Dutch (Nederlands), English, Estonian (Eesti keel), Farsi, Finnish (Suomi), French (Français), Galician, Georgian, German (Deutsch), Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian (Magyar), Italian (Italiano), Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Kurdish, Lithuanian (Lietuviu), Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish (Polski), Portuguese (Portugues), Romanian (Romana), Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish (Espanol), Swedish (Svenska), Turkish (Türkçe), Ukrainian, Vietnamese|
|Subcategory||Cleaning and Tweaking|
|Operating systems||Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 (32-bit/64-bit),|
Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019 (32-bit/64-bit)
|Social Media Links|
CCleaner changelog / release notes / version history
What’s new in CCleaner 5.77.8521 (04 Mar 2021)
This version resolves a crash when cycling quickly through the Options menu. We will roll out this change to everyone over the coming days.
- CCleaner no longer becomes unresponsive when cycling quickly through the Options menu
5.77.8448 (18 Feb 2021)
This version includes improvements to cleaning and improved visual design for product updates.
Note: We want everyone to enjoy using the latest and safest version of CCleaner, including people who may not have updated in some time. In the coming days and weeks, we will continue to bring customers on very old versions up to date so they can clean their machines safely.
- Added Download History cleaning for Avast Secure Browser
- Updated the visual design of the product update sequence
- Fixed a bug where the system tray icon was displaying when it shouldn’t
- Fixed a rare bug where Update Notifications would be shown when they shouldn’t
- Improved support for screen readers in the purchase flow
- Fixed a bug where the license information could be reset and lost