It is very frustrating when you want to reinstall Windows but you have lost your Windows product key or serial numbers of programs you always used. Thankfully, there are programs that can recover lost keys and one of them is LicenseCrawler.
LicenseCrawler can able to find a variety of product keys and serial numbers of Windows operating systems and other software programs such as Adobe, Nero, Office, and VMware.
It scans Windows Registry for product keys and other serial numbers. It is also fast and easy to use, therefore, you could do it alone. Another good thing that you’ll love is that it’s free (for private use).
More Details about LicenseCrawler
The following are some more details about LicenseCrawler, including what operating system and programs it recovers product keys and serial numbers for.
Operating Systems: It supports classic Windows OSes from Windows 95 to XP and modern OSes such as Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10. It also supports server version of Windows such as Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, and Windows Server 2016.
Other Softwares: Adobe, Internet Download Manager, Microsoft Office, Nero, Symantec, VMware programs and many more.
- User-friendly interface
- Portable (no need to install)
- Lightweight – consumes very small hard disk space (less than 3 Mb when extracted) and small memory footprint
- Fast and effective – able to find most product keys and serial numbers of well-known programs. Take note that the speed depends on the contents of the Windows Registry, the larger, the longer it would take.
- Able to copy the key within the result
- Save and encrypt all found keys to a “TXT” file
- Scan a remote computer for keys
- Perfectly safe – adware-free, digitally signed
Not so good:
- Output screen is mixed with registry details
- Other non-product keys are listed (e.g. device driver serial number)
- Nags with pop-ups after launching the application (only on free version)
Where to download LicenseCrawler:
You can download it from the software developer site or from other download sites such as the following:
Last Updated on