CrystalDiskInfo is a free hard disk utility for Windows that monitors and displays the current health status of your hard drives with great statistics report feature. It displays detailed and thorough information about the installed hard drives on your computer such as model, firmware, interface, serial number, transfer mode, and so on.
Moreover, CrystalDiskInfo supports hard drives that are using S.M.A.R.T. protocol that tells you what is going on with your hard disks. This technology allows you to see such details as the number of read or write errors, current hard disk temperature, defective sectors, how long the drive has been operating, and many more.
Take note that SMART’s main function isn’t to display harddisk status but to detect and warn us of imminent hard disk failure, however, in some cases, it can come very suddenly. Hence, as most experts say, always have backups of all your important data.
- Nicely crafted UI. Important hard disk details are placed on the upper portion of the program’s user interface as well as the colored health indicators of installed hard drives.
- Graph. It displays dozens of disk parameters, startup and temperature display options, workarounds, and the ability to open the Windows Device Manager and Disk Manager directly
- System tray icon. It displays your chosen disk’s temperature and accesses a Collective Settings submenu that allows setting of alarm for temperature and health status.
- Advanced features. Supports Automatic Acoustic Management (AAM) and Advanced Power Management (APM).
- Allow alerts via E-mail.
- It can compete head-to-head against common paid HDD info utilities, therefore, gains more trust among many PC technicians.
|Date released||March 21, 2021|
|Developer||Crystal Dew World|
|File size||4.5 MB (Installer); 6.40 MB (for Windows XP/no installer)|
|License model||Free (open source)|
|Operating systems||Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 (32/64-bit)|
Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019 (32/64-bit)
|Social Media Links|
CrystalDiskInfo changelog / release notes / version history
What’s new in CrystalDiskInfo 8.12
- Fixed bugs
- Updated Digital Signature
*SmartScreen may block CrystalDiskInfo for a few days.
- Update language files (Slovenian, Turkish)
8.11.x (February 2021)
- Improved language auto detection
- Update language files (Simplified Chinese)
- Fixed S.M.A.R.T. attribute (0x16: Current Helium Level) support
- Update language files (Hungarian, Russian)
- Improved compatibility with Full-Screen application
- Improved Intel SATA SSD support
- Improved Micron SATA SSD support
- Added WD SA530 support
- Update language files (French, Slovenian, Traditional Chinese)